Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
- Days 12
- Max. Altitude 3250 m
- Grade Moderate
- Group Size Minimum 1 pax
- Activities Trekking Adventure
- Start / End Kathmandu / Kathmandu
It is one of the famous trekking route in Nepal for both teahouse and organized. Ghorepani trek offers a wonderful opportunity to witness the beauty of the Annapurna region with a shorter trek. This place is rich of hidden treasure of Nepalese culture and tradition. During the trek, the trail passes through world’s famous ‘the Gorkha warrior’ clan the Gurung and Magar’s charming village, dense rhododendron (Nepalese national flower), Oak forest full of birds, green hills and patchwork valleys. Just about every angle is a tantalizing glimpse of Mt. Fishtail (6,993m,) Annapurna (8,091m) and Dhaulagiri (8,167 m) range on the initial part of the tour is breathtaking. On an excursion to Pun Hill, one can observe the entire mountain ranges; covering red and pink rays of the Sun in full bloom at the Sunset and Sunrise. Rewarding treks that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature in Ghorepani Poon hill trekking.
- Day 01 Arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International
- Day 02 After breakfast, you will be enjoying the sightseeing tours of Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
- Day 03 Drive to Pokhara 950 m 5-6 hours journey 200 k.m.
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tirkhedhunga (1,500 m)
- Day 05 Trek to Ghorepani (2,874 m) 5-6 hrs walk.
- Day 06 Hike to Pun hill and trek to Tadapani (2,721 m)
- Day 07 Trek to Landrung (1,430 m) via Ghandrung. 5-6 hrs.
- Day 08 Trek to Dhampus Village (1,530 m) via Pothana (1,900 m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 09 Trek to Phedi and drive back to Pokhara. 2 hrs and 30 minutes drive and trek.
- Day 10 Transfer to airport for the flight back to Kathmandu.
- Day 11 Free day at leisure in Kathmandu.
- Day 12 Transfer to airport for international departure.
- Day 01Arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport you will be received by one of Vistas Himalaya representative will escort you to the Hotel, and will give you a brief orientation of the hotel, Kathmandu, Trekking, do’s and don’t and other related information that you might require while in Nepal.
- Day 02After breakfast, you will be enjoying the sightseeing tours of Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
Pashupatinath is one of the most significant Hindu temple of Lord Shiva in the world. It is Located on the banks of bagmati river which is also known as holly river. The Pashupatinath Temple is listed in the world heritage site by UNESCO. Lord Shiva is known by many names and out of that Apsua is also the one.
Boudhanath is also called Buddha, Bouddhanath, Bodnath, or Baudhanath or the Khasa Caitya, is one the main Buddhist site in Kathmandu Valley. Different cast has given the name of Boudhanath in different ways like Khasti is said by Newar, Jyanung by Tamang as Boudha Bodh-nath by modern speakers of Nepal.Boudhanath is the world heritage site listed by UNESCO.
Bhaktapur is the third largest city in Kathmandu valley. The city was once the capital of Nepal During the Malla period from 12th to the 15th century. In Sanskrit the meaning of Bhaktapur is “The Town of Devotees”. It is 20 km from the Kathmandu and also known as the city of Culture, the living heritage of Nepal cultural gem. The main attraction of Bhaktapur is Nyatapol Temple, Golden gate and 55 window palace , Bhairabnath temple etc. Bhaktapur is famous for it’s pottery work
- Day 03Drive to Pokhara 950 m 5-6 hours journey 200 k.m.
Early breakfast, then travel by surface to Pokhara on the busy scenic highway. This is an interesting drive through the foothills of the Himalaya. The road has been greatly improved in recent years. On reaching Pokhara, transfer to hotel for the overnight stop by the lake Phewa with time for a short walk around.
- Day 04:Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tirkhedhunga (1,500 m)
A couple of hours in the morning leads to Nayapul the gateway to many Annapurna destinations. The newly built Chinese Pokhara Baglung highway to Nayapul which is on the outskirt of Pokhara Valley where we begin the approx 3-4 hours trek, in the beginning the trail meanders on the gradual slope following the River Modi upstream to Bhirethati, one of the most charming village on this route. From here, the walk leads slowly on the cool shade of the thin woodlands, trek continues passing through farm lands, small scattered villages and farm terraces on the gradual path for a while, then the path climbs to Hille and Tirkhedhunga.
- Day 05Trek to Ghorepani (2,874 m) 5-6 hrs walk.
The walk from here leads to a steep climb on the stone steps for an hour or more to Ulleri village, on reaching Ulleri which is quite a large Gurung village with traditional houses with slated roof. From here the path meanders to a winding gradual walk through the cool shade of the forest of rhododendron, magnolia, oaks and pines trees till you reach Ghorepani for the overnight. Ghorepani offers great views of Dhaulagiri range of mountains and as well of Annapurna South and Vara Shikhar Himal.
- Day 06Hike to Pun hill and trek to Tadapani (2,721 m)
Early morning an hour hike to Pun hill (3250 m) before breakfast, if the day is promising for the grand panorama of great eight thousander Himalayan peaks along with the beautiful sunrise over the snow capped peaks. After Pun hill, trek down to Ghorepani, have breakfast and continue walk to Tadapani, the walk first leads through thick forest of Rhododendron up the hill then reaching the top ridge which is almost the same height as Pun hill, the path descends through a gorge coming to another Bhanthati village. From here, the walk leads through the forest on the downhill path on reaching a small stream, an hour climb brings you at Tadapani a settlement of 8-10 houses serving as Lodges for the trekkers. Tadapani offers awesome views of Annapurna South, Annapurna II and IV and beyond towards east and the sunrise from this place is equally captivating.
- Day 07Trek to Landrung (1,430 m) via Ghandrung. 5-6 hrs.
After a wonderful time here at Tadapani with the great views, walk leads through the enchanting forest with occasional views of the Annapurna mountain range, the walk leads downhill passing through few small villages till Ghandrung is reached. Ghandrung a major large village of this area and the walk from here is all downhill to the bridge at Phedi for an hour or more, after the bridge over the raging Modi River, a slow walk uphill for another hour to the village of Landrung for the overnight stop.
- Day 08Trek to Dhampus Village (1,530 m) via Pothana (1,900 m) 5-6 hrs
From Landrung the walk is fairly easy most of the way on the winding path overlooking beautiful scenery and of Annapurna south, the trek leads to a last uphill for an hour to Deurali, on reaching the top of the hill, the walk leads downhill through the forest till a small settlement at Pothana is reached. Pothana located in the midst of the cool alpine forest overlooking grand view of the Annapurna range including the majestic Mt. Machhapuchare (Fish Tail) and of the Pokhara Valley.From Pothana, walk descends on the wide stone paved path passing through farm villages of Dhampus with constant view of the snow capped mountain range from Manaslu to Dhaulagiri.
- Day 09Trek to Phedi and drive back to Pokhara. 2 hrs and 30 minutes drive and trek.
After a good walk to Dhampus the last day the walk leads on the gentle winding downhill trail till Phedi is reached, here transfer for a short half hour drive to Pokhara. On reaching at Pokhara within the Phewa Lake side area, check into the hotel with time for afternoon stroll.
- Day 10Transfer to airport for the flight back to Kathmandu.
Transfer to airport for the flight back to Kathmandu.
- Day 11Free day at leisure in Kathmandu.
A free day in Kathmandu, please inform our staff if you would like to go on another short tour in and around Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 12Transfer to airport for international departure.
Transfer to airport for international departure.