Hidden Sherpa Valley Trek
- Days 13
- Max. Altitude 3867 m
- Grade HARD
- Group Size Minimum 1 pax
- Activities Trekking Adventure, Climbing
- Start / End Kathmandu / Kathmandu
In the foothills of Everest lies the traditional land of Sherpas, the renowned mountain people who migrate south from the Tibetan plateau. Enjoying the culture of the Sherpas, visit ancient monasteries and learn how Lamaistic Buddhism influences Sherpa life. Stop at any of the numerous tea houses sip a glass of sweetened tea or Chang (millet beer) and get a taste of hospitality unique to the Sherpas. This trails offers glimpses of Sherpa culture, tradition and their lifestyle along with great mountain views of the world that include Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Ama Dablam and other many snowy peaks. The trail takes you up high to Tengboche Monastery without being struggled of high altitude sickness . This Trek is ideal for those who have less time in Nepal and still want a view of Everest.
- Day 01 Kathmandu (1350 m)
- Day 02 Kathmandu
- Day 03 Fly Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding (2652m)
- Day 04 Phakding - Namche Bazar (3440m)
- Day 05 At Namche for acclimatization
- Day 06 Namche Bazar - Thyangboche (3867m)
- Day 07 Tengboche - Pangboche (3867m)
- Day 08 Pangboche - Khumjung (3790m)
- Day 09 Khumjung - Thami
- Day 10 Thami - Jorsalee (2800m)
- Day 11 Jorsalee - Lukla (2800m)
- Day 12 Fly Lukla - Kathmandu
- Day 13 Departure
- Day 01Kathmandu (1350 m)
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, receive, welcome and transfer to hotel.
Briefing about the treks in the evening by our guide.
Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02Kathmandu
Full- day sightseeing tours of Kathmandu also called the ‘City of Glory’, visit includes Durbar Square, Kumari Temple and Taleju Temple. Thereafter, visit Swoyambunath Stupa, said to be one of the oldest Buddhist Stupa in the World, which is majestically set high on a hill overlooking Kathmandu Valley. Afterwards, proceed to Bhaktapur, also called the “City of Devotes”
Overnight at hotel
- Day 03Fly Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding (2652m)
Early morning, transfer to domestic airport to board Lukla flight. Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2800 m). Upon arrival set up your baggage’s and start your first day trek. It is easy walk through several villages to Phakding, where you will have your lunch, dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 04Phakding - Namche Bazar (3440m)
After breakfast we follow the Dhud Kosi River for about 2 hours and climb slowly up a steep trial to Namche. As we climb, we enjoy our first views of Everest (8848m), Nuptse (7879m) and Lhotse (8383m) – the big three. We stay in the heart of the Namche Village.
- Day 05At Namche for acclimatization
Acclimatization day at Namche Bazar. We enjoy a rest day here to allow for maximum acclimatization on our way to Everest Base Camp. A pleasant day can be spent exploring the village, talking to the Sherpas and simply enjoying and marveling at the incredible scenery.
- Day 06Namche Bazar - Thyangboche (3867m)
Climbing gently out of Namche, we follow the trial high above the river, passing through numerous beautiful inscribed main (prayer) stones. For about 1 hours flat walk ad 1 and 1/2 hour descending to Imja river. Crossing the river and again 2 and 1/2 hours ascending to reach Tengboche. Visit Tengboche Monastry and surrounding area. Overnight at Tengboche.
- Day 07Tengboche - Pangboche (3867m)
Flat walk to reach Pangboche for text stop, which takes about 2 hours. You have good view of Amadablam mountain. In the afternoon visit surrounding village and monastery.
- Day 08Pangboche - Khumjung (3790m)
Today we walk flat way about 2 and 1/2 hours from northern ridge to reach river where you will have your lunch. Again ascending 1 and 1/2 hours and 1 hours flat walk to reach Khumjung to overnight stay. Keep your eyes open for the splendid lophophorus, Nepal’s national bird. At the monastery in Khumjung, there is what the Sherpas claim to be the sculpt of the yeti.
- Day 09Khumjung - Thami
Climbing gently out of Namche, we follow the trial high above the river, passing through numerous beautiful inscribed main (prayer) stones. Thami village is dramatically situated below the monastery is well worth a visit, being one of the most beautiful and important places in the Khumbhu region. Overnight at Thami village.
- Day 10Thami - Jorsalee (2800m)
We follow same route back to Namche bazaar, where you will have your lunch. After lunch descending down to Jorsale village for your dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 11Jorsalee - Lukla (2800m)
From Jorsalee, we have pleasant walk around 2 hours to pass through several small village & beautiful pine forest and suspension bridge to reach Phakding. After lunch at Phakding another 2 hours walk on flat trail to reach Lukla. Dinner and overnight at Lukla.
- Day 12Fly Lukla - Kathmandu
After early breakfast at lodge fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 13Departure
Departure transfer to international airport for onward flight
1. All the International arrival and departure transfers
2. Flight to/ from Lukla
3. Authentic Nepali Welcome Dinner
4. All the accommodation and full board meals and hot beverages on the trek
5. Everest Trekking permit
6. Certified Mountain Expert as your personal guide with porter service
7. Field staff insurances
8. Quick rescue supporting services in case of emergency
9. Communication services in case of emergency
10. Applicable government taxes
11. All the managerial and administrative expenses for trekking
1. Emergency helicopter rescue charges
2. Main meals in Kathmandu
3. Visa Fees
4. International airfare and taxes
6. Medical and Travel Insurances
7. All the personal expenses like alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks etc.