Langtang Circuit Trek
- Days 17
- Max. Altitude 4800 M
- Grade HARD
- Group Size Minimum 2 pax
- Activities Trekking Adventure
- Start / End Kathmandu / Kathmandu
The Valley of Glaciers Trek, Langtang, is the closest place where you could get the massive snow capped mountains and beautiful glaciers. This valley is located only 19 miles north of Kathmandu. The whole valley is dominated by Mount Langtang Lirung (7246 m) and offers pine forest, swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy down and meadows. About 8 hours drive from Kathmandu, the starting point of trekking is Syabru Bensi. From Syabru Bensi you will follow the Langtang River to the east until you get to Kyangin Gompa (3,049 m) with overnight stay at Lama Hotel, Langtang valley respectively. On the fourth day, you will arrive at Langtang valley. In this valley, besides natural wonders, you also visit local Tibetan village and see their lifestyle. The last destination of this trekking is Kyanjin Gompa. You visit ancient Buddhist monastery and glaciers. Here, you stay one more day on next day you get an opportunity to ascend Kyangjin Ri (4350 m). From its top you will get 360 degree mountain views. From Kyangjin, you retrace your route back down the valley to Syabru Besi and then drive back to Kathmandu.
- DAY 01 Kathmandu
- DAY 02 Kathmandu
- DAY 03 Kathmandu - Syabrubesi: about 8 hours drive
- DAY 04 Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel: 5-6 hours
- DAY 05 Lama Hotel- Langtang: 5- 6 hours
- DAY 06 Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa: 4-5 hours
- DAY 07 Kyanjin Gompa: Explore Day
- DAY 08 Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel: 5-6 hours
- DAY 09 Lama Hotel - Thulo Syabru: 5-6 hours
- DAY 10 Thulo Syabru- Shin gomba: 3-5 hours
- DAY 11 Shin gomba- Gosainkunda: 5-6 hours
- DAY 12 Gosainkunda- Gopte: 6-8 hours
- DAY 13 Gopte- Malemchigaon: 6-7 hours
- DAY 14 Malemchigaon - Tarke Gyang: 5-7 hours
- DAY 15 Tarke Gyang- Sermathang: 3-5 hours
- DAY 16 Sermathang- Melamchi Puul Bazaar -Kathmandu : 3-4 hours; 2 hour bus
- DAY 17 Departure
- DAY 01Kathmandu
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, Vistas Himalaya will officially greet and meet you at airport & transfer you to hotel. You will have leisure time, followed by an evening welcome dinner at a typical Nepalese Restaurant.
Overnight in Kathmandu (1,000 m / 3,280 ft). (D)
- DAY 02Kathmandu
Half-day guided city tours (tour includes Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambunath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple – Hindu Temple & Buddhanath -The biggest Buddha Stupa in ancient Kathmandu).
Afternoon pre-trip discussion of the trek.
Overnight in Kathmandu (1,000 m / 3,280 ft).(B)
- DAY 03Kathmandu - Syabrubesi: about 8 hours drive
You will start early journey to Syabrubesi; the starting point of the trek. Behind Trisuli Bazaar the road is tricky because of the grubby road. During the travel you will pass through many small villages on the way will be fascinating you with snippets.
Overnight in Syabrubesi (1,440 m / 4,724 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 04Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel: 5-6 hours
Crossing through the suspension bridge and heading precipitously along a stream. The River you are following is mostly the Langtang River. You can enjoy the walk going through oak, rhododendron and bamboo forests. There is also a variety of wildlife in these forests: yellow-throated martens, wild boars, langur monkeys, red pandas and Himalayan black bears.
Overnight in Lama Hotel (2,470 m / 8,104 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 05Lama Hotel- Langtang: 5- 6 hours
After having breakfast you will continue your trip to your next destination. You are starting your trip descending towards a steep forest slope to the Langtang River. You cross a bridge and head up
with a winding path. The trail descends into a valley to cross a stream and climbs past several water-driven mills and prayer wheels to the large settlement of Langtang.
Overnight in Langtang (3,430 m /11,253 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 06Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa: 4-5 hours
You pass through the tiny village, stone-built houses and climb to a Chorten and passed a huge Mani along a gentle path of a hill. The valley relocates to a U-shaped one as you enter into a level of
riverbed. Today is short walk; allowing time to acclimatize and explore the surrounding.This place is famous for cheese and curd.
Overnight in Kyanjin Gompa (3,870 m / 12,697 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 07Kyanjin Gompa: Explore Day
Kyanjin Ri (4,800 m / 15,748 ft) and Tserko Ri (5,000 m/ 16,404 ft) are the good viewpoints in the area that you can climb. After the breakfast visit Tserko Ri (5000 m) for spectacular view of the
langtang Lirung, Langtang range, Kinshung, Yansa Tsenji and the foot of the huge lirung Glacier. Back to guest house for Lunch having short rest and walk around the Kyanjing valley with guide.
Overnight in Kyanjin Gompa. (B,L,D)
- DAY 08Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel: 5-6 hours
Today you retract to Lama Hotel. All the way downhill but you will see fantastic views of towering mountain what you have missed on the way up. Take more time and suggested you to walk very slow.
Overnight in Lama Hotel (2,470 m / 8,104 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 09Lama Hotel - Thulo Syabru: 5-6 hours
First trail descend to river, cross the river and ascend to Thulo Syabru. You will see the fascinating view of Langtang Himal and more. On the way of your trek you will pass through pine and Juniper
Overnight in Thulo Syabru(2,230 m / 7,316 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 10Thulo Syabru- Shin gomba: 3-5 hours
You take the broad trail climbing up to Dimsa village and the trial continues less steeply, through rhododendron, hemlock and Oak forests to Shin gomba. On the way of your trek you will see fantastic views of Langtang Himal and langtang valley. Shin gomba is another popular
place for Cheese.
Overnight in Shin gomba (3,330 m / 10,925 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 11Shin gomba- Gosainkunda: 5-6 hours
The trail ascends smoothly through rhododendron covered point to the top of the rim and through a forested area. The area in-between Shin gomba and Laurebina Yak is a sanctuary for the red panda, an endangered species that the Nepalese call cat bear. You return to the ridge path and climb a wider route through alpine country to arrive at a Gosainkunda.
Explore around the Lakes and overnight in Gosainkund (4,460 m/14,632 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 12Gosainkunda- Gopte: 6-8 hours
Today is a bit challenge day; the trail is climb, rough and crosses moraines. Passing three more small lakes, the trail ascend and cross Laurebina La (4,609 m / 15,121 ft) after the pass, the path down to phedi and you continue walk up and down throughout crossing a rocky hill with pine, rhododendron trees.
Overnight in Gopte (3,440 m / 11,286 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 13Gopte- Malemchigaon: 6-7 hours
You slide down through a forested area and climb through a dry river- bed to arrive at a Kharka that is surrounded by rhododendron forest. You climb through the forest to arrive at the village of Thare Pati. Climbing the ridge directly above the village gives you a marvelous view of the Jugal area. Cross the village and enter a forested area, again descending to Melamchi River followed by yet again climbing to the Malemchigaon (2,560 m/8,399 ft) for overnight. (B,L,D)
- DAY 14Malemchigaon - Tarke Gyang: 5-7 hours
The day you enter a cultural destination it call Helambu Region, walk up to Tarke Gyang where you can enjoy with Sherpa culture with traditional village and monasteries. The stone houses are close
together with narrow alleyways separating them.
Overnight in Tarke Gyang (2,590 m / 8,497 ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 15Tarke Gyang- Sermathang: 3-5 hours
You will cross small forest with the view of beautiful village of Helembu region. The trail makes a sweep around the wide valley end between Parachin and the pretty Sherpa village of Gangyul. The people of this village practice Drukpa Kagyu Buddhism, the same as the national religion of Bhutan.
Overnight in Sermathang (2,610 m / 8,563ft). (B,L,D)
- DAY 16Sermathang- Melamchi Puul Bazaar -Kathmandu : 3-4 hours; 2 hour bus
Short walk down to Malemchi Puul Bazaar with many Sherpa village and catch transport to Kathmandu. Himalayan Glacier Trekking will host a farewell dinner. Congratulations on the completion of your trek!
Overnight in Kathmandu. (B, D)
- DAY 17Departure
Departure for onward flight (B)
1. All applicable tours and transfers accompanied by an English speaking representative
2. Accommodation based on twin sharing as detailed in the itinerary.
3. Activities as shown in the itinerary, note this may vary from day to day
4. Sterilized drinking water during trek
5. All trekking related permits and fees
6. Experienced English speaking guide
7. Assistant guides and porters to support the group size
8. Applicable taxes
1. Personal Travel Insurance (cover your adventure activity as well as medical, emergency evacuation and personal belongings). It is imperative to be insured with suitable cover
2. Personal clothing and footwear such as down jackets, waterproofs, hat, gloves, hiking boots
3. Personal equipment, for example rucksack, day backpack, torch, water bottle, sleeping bag and mat
4. Personal medical supplies and vaccinations
5. Personal expenses such as bar bills, tips to guides, porters and drivers, laundry
6. Expenses incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason